This website is a general audience site and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
- Information we Collect
- How we Collect and Use Information
- With Whom do we Share Your Information
- Tree.com Considerations
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information
- Third Party Links and Policies
- Special Notice to California Residents
- Special Notice to Vermont Residents
- Updating and Accessing Your Information
- Choices about Collection and Use of Your Information
- How we Protect your PII.
- Visiting Our Website from Outside the United States
- No Rights of Third Parties
- How to Contact Us
- Tree Businesses
- Information We Collect. We collect personally identifiable information that can identify you such as your name, address, telephone number, mobile number, e-mail address and Social Security Number (“Personally Identifiable Information” or “PII”). We also collect information such as demographic data and data about your online activity on our website that does not identify you (“Non-Personally Identifiable Information” or “Non-PII”). PII and Non-PII are known together as “Information”. We may also collect and store Information that you provide to us about other people (such as co-borrowers), including their name, address, telephone number, mobile devices, email address, and Social Security Number.
- How We Collect and Use Information.
- How We Collect Information
- From You. We collect Information you provide to us: (a) in connection with inquiring about or obtaining our services; and (b) in connection with a job application. The Information we collect from you will vary depending on the product or service requested.
- Other Sources. We may obtain Information about you from third parties such as: credit reports, information about your home and demographic information. We do not pull a credit bureau report on loan customers without their permission.
beacons and other standard internet technologies to collect information from your
computer and about your activities on our website. We automatically collect Non-PII
from your browser when you visit our website. This information includes, but is not necessarily limited to, your IP
address, your browser type and language, access times, the content of any undeleted
cookies that your browser previously accepted from us and the referring website
- Cookies. A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user’s computer for record
- When you visit our website, we may assign your computer one or more cookies to facilitate access to our website, personalize your online experience and record information about your visit. Through the use of a cookie, we also may automatically collect information about your online activity on our website, such as the web pages you visit, the links or advertisements you click on and other actions you take while on our website. The cookies do not store any PII about you. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that some of the features and services of our website may not function properly.
- Other Technologies. We may use web beacons and other standard Internet technologies to track your use on our websites. Web beacons (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags, targeting and re-targeting pixels, third party pixels or web bugs) are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of web users or to access cookies. We also may include web beacons in e-mail messages or newsletters to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon.
- Cookies. A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user’s computer for record keeping purposes.
- How We Use Information.
- In General. We may use Information to:
- Deliver the products and services you requested;
- Manage your customer relationship and provide you with customer support;
- Research and analyze your use of, or interest in, our products, services and content and the products, services and content offered by others;
- Communicate with you via e-mail, telephone, postal mail and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you;
- Develop and display content and services tailored to your interests on our website and other websites;
- Develop and deliver targeted advertisements;
- Measure the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, content, programming and other activities;
- Verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with promotions, contests and sweepstakes;
- Manage our business; and
- Perform functions as described to you at the time of collection.
- Financial Information. Depending on the service requested, we may use financial information to: match you with real estate agents, real estate brokers, or lenders, provide you with lenders' conditional loan offers, verify your identity, protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions, or otherwise as needed to manage our business.
- Job Applicants. If your PII is submitted when applying for a position with us, the information will be used solely in connection with considering and acting upon your application. We may retain your PII for a period of time, but only for the purpose of considering your application for current or future available positions or as required by law.
- In General. We may use Information to:
- How We Collect Information
- With Whom do we Share Your Information
- Lenders or Investors. In submitting a request for a loan product or service offered through this website, when you click on any button indicating an acceptance or agreement to terms, a continuance of processing or submission, you signify your agreement to proceed you are consenting, acknowledging and agreeing to the disclosure of your PII with lenders in our network (“Lenders”) with whom you are or may be matched. Please note that no credit check will be performed by us unless you authorize us to do so by submitting a completed loan request. However, even if you do not provide your Social Security number, we may access your credit file to assist in the prevention of identity theft and to verify your request is accurate and complete.
- Real Estate Agents, Brokers and Real Estate Companies. If you submit a request to be matched with a real estate agent, broker or company, we may share your information with real estate agents, brokers or real estate companies on our network. Be aware that the real estate agents, brokers or real estate companies with whom we share your Information may retain or use your Information whether or not you use their services and you should contact these parties directly concerning their privacy and information sharing practices which may differ from ours.
- Referrals for your Non-Mortgage Business. When you express interest in other products, services, promotions that we offer (by, for example, completing a request for such services), we will share your request or expression of interest with the businesses with which we partner to offer you those products, services and promotions, and, as applicable, with their affiliates and third party finder or marketing companies (collectively, “Business Providers”). When you choose to participate in a particular offer or program, you authorize us to provide PII to those Business Providers. Be aware the Business Providers with whom we share your Information may retain or use your Information whether or not you use their services and you should contact these parties directly concerning their privacy and information sharing practices which may differ from ours.
- Services Providers. We may share your personal information with our authorized service providers that perform certain services on our behalf, including, but not limited to service providers that perform services on our behalf in connection with your request for a loan or the funding, sale and/or servicing of your loan. These third parties include, without limitation credit bureaus, title companies, flood or other insurance companies, appraisal companies, escrow companies, closing agents, marketing and customer services firms, credit card, or entities that provide business analysis or website support. These third parties may have access to PII needed to perform their functions.
- Other Situations. We also may disclose your information at our sole discretion:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as we reasonably believe is required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent or take other action regarding actual or suspected illegal activity or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees or others; or to enforce our websites' terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
- In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, asset sale or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Be aware that the Lenders with whom you are matched may retain or use your Information whether or not you use their services and you should contact these Lenders directly concerning their privacy and information sharing practices which may differ from ours.
- We will not share any personal information about you with other Tree Businesses to the extent prohibited by applicable California law or to the extent your prior consent to share is required by applicable California law; and
- You have the right to request information from us regarding the manner in which
we share certain categories of information with third parties for their direct marketing
purposes. California law gives you the right to send us a request at a designated
address to receive the following information:
- the categories of information we disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year
- the names and addresses of the third parties that received that information; and
- if the nature of the third party’s business cannot be determined from their name, examples of the products or services marketed.
- You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in the inability to use certain features of our websites or receive certain products or services. Public forums are not intended for the disclosure of PII. To the extent you provide PII in any public forum, it is at your own risk.
- Federal and state regulations require that we store completed loan requests for various periods of time. In order to comply with these requirements, we may be unable to delete your information from our database until the expiration of the applicable period.
No system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your PII, searches or other communications will always remain secure. Users should also take care with how they handle and disclose their PII. Please refer to the Federal Trade Commission’s website for information about how to protect yourself against identity theft.
11115 Rushmore Drive
Charlotte, North Carolina 28277
We may change, remove or add a Tree Business in our discretion without notice to you.